Thursday, February 4, 2010

Winter Time Blues









I took my car the the body guy for some touch ups. He ended up repainting a door, rewelded a rocker, and did some paint touch ups. He also placed the side and license trim along with the door rubber. It looks pretty good. Now I need to wax and detail it. I did find out that the heat works while driving the car out to the painter's.

I now have the car at the upholster Derrick Fondern, to replace the top and do the interior work. I have purchased a procar kit from Scat that includes new front seats, back seat cover, door panels with armrests. The interior will be tan. He will make a custom headliner and install the top. I ordered all new cables and a few screws that attach the intermediate bow. My intermediate bow is bent on one side, which we will try to bend back to proper angle. He will install the kit and make custom carpet as well.
Other upgrades include: custom covered sun visors, vinyl shifter and brake boots, sony stereo with speakers installed in the kick panels and top hinge covers. I will add pictures soon.

I'm hoping to have the car done in time to take it to Happy's Picnic in Cordyn, IN May 15th. It's a nice VW event put on by Happy's VW parts store.

No comments:

Post a Comment